Terms & Conditions
THE ANNUAL SOUTH AFRICAN SAVANNA COMICS’ CHOICE AWARDS® – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Annual South African Savanna Comics’ Choice Awards® (“The Awards” / “CCA”) are being produced by Whacked Management, and will take place at The Lyric Theatre, Gold Reef City on 09 September 2017.
The terms and conditions are set out below and all applicants are required to accept these and pay the R 1000 (Gauteng) & R 500 (Regional) registration fee before their registration can be accepted. In the case of African comedians (Comedians from outside of South Africa) joining the awards in 2017, the proposed ex – SA registration fee of USD 50 will be waivered for Year One and will only apply in 2018.
The terms and conditions are as follows:
The Annual South African Savanna Comics’ Choice Awards® relies on the integrity and honesty of performers in the submission of their details. Complaints or queries regarding the veracity of entrant’s details must be accompanied by proof of any wrong doing.
All *professional comedians who meet the criteria are eligible to vote, provided that they are paid up in full, supplied all compulsory information and completed the verification process required for registration.
*Professional meaning: comedians who have been paid for their service by another party, not self funded.
Edgars Audience Choice Voting Terms and Conditions:
- The name of the competition is ‘Comics’ Choice Awards’.
- The competition commences on 22nd May 2017 and closes 5th July 2017 at 23:59:59 pm South African time, they reopen on the 12th July at 17:00 pm for the 5 nominees and then closes on the 25th August 2017.
- All votes must be received by the closing date and time. No votes received after the Voting line closes will be considered and any votes received after this date will be rejected automatically.
- In order to cast your votes, you need to SMS the Unique code of your favourite comedian to 37303.
- All SMS charged at R1.50. Free and bundled SMS’ do not apply. VAS rates apply.
- The participant will then receive a response SMS to confirm their successful vote.
- Recipient of the Audience Choice Award will be announced on the 9th of September 2017 at the Awards Event at The Lyric Theatre, 2017. # CCA
- Please visit comicschoice.com for more details. Errors will be billed. There are restrictions; one cell number is eligible to 20 votes ONLY, which means participants may enter only 20 times throughout the competition from that specific cell number.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, corrupted or delayed as a result of any network, hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- No entries from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
- Total No of Nominees: There will be 5 (FIVE) Nominees – The Five Top Comedians, with the most number of votes will be selected as the Nominees. Announcement of the 5 Nominees will be made at the Press Lunch on the 12th July 2017.
- The Recipient will be the comedian with the highest, accumulated number of votes.
- You agree that the Organizer is unable to, and are not required to, guarantee a particular result or set of results from either your participation in the voting or possible winnings. You indemnify the Organizer, Organizer’s agents from any loss, damage, liability, claim, expenses, cost orders or demand which may arise as a result of your participation in the voting.
General Terms and Conditions:
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Should any person be found to have falsified any of the information set down in their registration application, they will be disqualified from participating until such time as they are able to supply the required information, and such information has been verified. In the event of falsified information being supplied, both registered comedians responsible for verifying the guilty party will be reviewed, and their registration may be reconsidered.
- Under no circumstances is the registration fee refundable. As payment is the last step in the process, the person seeking to register is urged to fully understand the requirements prior to making payment.
- No complaints, objections, queries or correspondence of any nature will be addressed, acknowledged or entertained unless submitted by a registered and active-status member of comicschoice.com
- No person is permitted to operate more than one registration on comicschoice.com
- A registered user is not considered active until such time as payment has been effected, and two registered users have confirmed the details supplied.
- “Registered” refers to data being captured; “active” refers to the comedian being eligible to participate in voting.
- Active status on all registrations will end after 09 September 2017, pending renewal payments for the following year.
- By registering, active users accept the results reported by the system as accurate and final and no changes will be made.
- All nominees agree to make themselves available at reasonable times for publicity interviews, photo opportunities and press conferences and grant the media the right to use their name, image, likeness, photographs and biological details for the purpose of promoting the Awards.
- All registered users accept that their registration obliges them to be available on the night of the CCA presentations – unless unforeseen circumstances prevent them – this notwithstanding, by registering, all participants thereby agree to accept an award, should they be named as a winner.
- All winners agree to perform a seven-minute comedy set on acceptance of their award.
- Only award nominees and recipients will be entitled to make use of CCA artwork for the relevant category as authorized by the CCA brand custodian. Unauthorized usage will be prosecuted.
- Recipients in each category agree to make themselves reasonably available for such paying bookings as may result from their receiving a SA Comics’ Choice Award®, for example, but not limited to, a touring theatre production, such production is to be produced in a market-related fashion, and at market-relative rates.
VIP Competition Rules:
- This promotional competition is organised by Distell Ltd and Whacked Management (the “Promoter”).
- The promotional competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa over the age of 18 years except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoters, and/or immediate family members, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and/or associated companies, and/or a participant who has won a prize through a promotional competition run by the Promoters at least three months prior to the announcement of the winner of the Prize (“Disqualified Persons”).
- By entering the promotional competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
- The promotional competition commences on 16 March 2016 and ends on 20 August at 11.59pm. Any entries received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
- One participant stands a chance to win 2 double tickets to the Savanna Comic Choice Awards to be held on 03 September 2016, at the Teatro at Montecasino (“the Prize”). The Prize includes dinner at the Montecasino to the value of R500.00 and two double tickets to the official after party at Parker’s Comedy Club at Montecasino. Transport and accommodation is not included.
- To be eligible for the Prize, participants must SMS their comedian’s unique code to 37303 , the comedian’s unique code can be found on the Comics Choice Awards website (comicschoice.com).
- The winner will be determined by random draw on 20 August 2016 and will be notified by telephone on 22 August 2016.
- If the potential winner does not respond to the Promoter’s call by 22 August 2016 close of business, the potential winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter. This process can be repeated as often as necessary.
- Winners will be required to provide their proof of identity to verify that they are above the age of 18.
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- All participants, indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoter) and/or use of the offer.
- This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook/Twitter or any other registered platform and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook/Twitter.
All entrants in this promotional competition release Facebook/ or any other registered platform all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.